WHAT IS THE THEME?
- The theme for World Water Day 2019 is ‘Leaving no one behind’.
- The human right to water entitles everyone, without discrimination, to sufficient, safe, acceptable, physically accessible and affordable water for personal and domestic use; which includes water for drinking, personal sanitation, washing of clothes, food preparation, and personal and household hygiene.
- In 2010, the UN recognized “the right to safe and clean drinking water and sanitation as a human right
HOW DOES IT RELATE TO WATER?
- Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6) includes a target to ensure availability and sustainable management of water for all by 2030.
- By definition, this means leaving no one behind.
Did u know the world Coverage
- 80 % is made of liquid and composition is 2H and 1O atoms
- 20% is the solid known as land,
- STILL 2.1 billion people live without safe water at home.
- One in four primary schools have no drinking water service
- 700 children under five years of age die every day from diarrhoea linked to unsafe water and poor sanitation.
- Globally, 80% of the people who have to use unsafe and unprotected water sources live in rural areas.
Did U Know Water Availability for Drinking
- 97 % is Salty and not Drinkable.
- 02% is Fresh Water in the form of Solid 2H and 1O atoms
- 01% is useful for Drinking.
- Women and girls are responsible for water collection in eight out of ten households with water off-premises.
- For the 68.5 million people who have been forced to flee their homes, accessing safe water services is highly problematic.
- Around 159 million people collect their drinking water from surface water, such as ponds and streams
Did U Know Water Treated in a City Utilization
- 54 % is used for general activities like Lawns and various Cleanings
- 15 % is consumed for Bathing and Flushed down Toilets.
- 12% is used to Clean our Laundry n Dishes.
- 10 % is used for cleaning and Laundry.
- 7 % is waste thru leaks
- Rest is for Drinking.