National Digital Library of India : A digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations and more
National Digital Library of India
A digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations and more
The National Digital Library of India is a project under Ministry of Human Resource Development, India. It is a digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations, fiction and all other kinds of learning media. The NDLI provides free of cost access to many books in English and the Indian languages. It was established in 2006.
- There are more than 47944566 items hosted in NDLI. Items are available in more than 70 languages.
- More than 60 types of learning resources are available in NDLI
- Educational materials are available for user ranging from primary to post graduate students and researchers
- Repository hosts contents for multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others
- The repository integrates contents from different institutional repositories of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT) has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. Filtered and federated searching is employed to facilitate focused searching so that learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time. NDL India is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for leading Indian languages. It is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources. The pilot project is devising a
framework that is being scaled up with respect to content volume and diversity to serve all levels and disciplines of learners. It is being developed at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
For accessing the NDLI resources log on to https://www.ndl.gov.in or https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in you will be on the homepage of the National Digital Library of India.
1. Though the resources can be accessed without being logged-in, for better experience it is advised to access NDLI after logging in. If you are not a registered user of NDLI, please register and then login.
2. School students: Please click the “School” button.
3. College Students: Please click the button relevant to your discipline.
4. If you want to explore further you may “Browse by Source” using the Browse button and select the “Source” you are interested.
5. You may also search the repository by Clicking “Search” button and putting topic of study (such as “Big Data”) in the “Search” window.